Thread: Confirmed with Link: NHL and NHLPA approve re-alignment
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 07:07 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Adding Sheahan could help. You could always callup McKee and Nedomlel and tell them to have fun...
Sheahans a big body and hard to knock off the puck and he makes a team tougher to play against because he doesnt lose corner battles and is sometimes physical but hes not the toughness you need for that division.

Corey Perry could actually help the scoring lines a bit. Hes more of a weasel than anything but he can handle himself when he has to and can ride shotgun with any centerman. Nathan Horton and David Clarkson are the same deal. Getting a guy like that would help a tonne because they can be on the ice a lot instead of a goon who cant play.

I doubt they get any of those guys and add a decent bottom 6er who can hit and fight. I think Holland might finally be seeing what a decent scrapper/energy player can provide a team with Tootoo (May and Downey were washed up). Babcock will want a tougher team and Holland might be more willing now.

Erskine added to the defense would be perfect or they may just go the route of signing a straight up goon for the 13th forwar spot. Colton Orr has surprised me a bit this year for sure, his play is improved and is getting third line time in Toronto. As a 13th forward sure.

Guys like Mcgratton and Scott are available but they are even more one dimensional than Orr and I doubt that happens. Bordeleau from Colorado might be the toughest guy in the league, I'm not a fan of those types of fighters (I prefer Tootoo types) but in that division it might not be bad to have an insurance policy 13th forward

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote