View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 07:12 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

vCash: 500
I voted disapprove, but that doesn't put me into the "fire torts" camp at all. You know the team is going to compete hard in the majority of their games, and that if they do get outworked in a game, they're going to get, at the very least, an earful from their coach. Plus Torts doesn't have a problem making ice-time disappear when he doesn't approve of a player's performance.

My issues with the team's coaching right now is:

1. The PP absolutely needs to be addressed. Now. It's ridiculous that a team in the NHL would allow it's PP to wallow as long as the NYR's has. It needs to be fixed, whether it's adding to the bench staff, or going hard to the drawing board. The NYR have playmakers, shooters, and a few guys that go hard to the net. They should be scoring.

2. I don't like that Torts cuts the bench down so much each game. He should be able to get reliable minutes out of 10 forwards everynight. I see a ton of teams get reliable minutes from their 4th lines that don't have 4th line's all that much better, if at all.

3. Line juggling. I know it's hard to fault this, and still want your coach quick to pull the trigger on a mini-benching, but I see a difference. There's plenty of times he breaks up lines without benchings, but instead just to shake things up. It doesn't seem effective. I can't think of many times, off-hand, that it's actually lead to increased scoring.