View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 08:22 PM
George Maharis
Risk Taker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
The difference between him and the other older player is size, playing the NA style already, Mantha for sure is having a better season.

Exactly, my point is, Forsberg IS playing in the same league and you can see how much better he is. Forsberg is a few months older, that's all and the difference is huge!
Wennberg is not producing at an unbelievable rate either. Filip Forsberg last year was producing better than Wennberg is this year. Not to mention more intangibles.
I don't think it's fair to say Mantha is having a "better season". He's playing in a league with people in his own age group.. Wennberg is playing in a more dominant league, a Mens league, that has established players.

It just doesn't make sense to me to argue that Forsberg is better (Not denying he is) even if he's only a few months older... They aren't even the same position, nor even the same player..
Colten Teubert is a few months older than Erik Karlsson, now tell me, who is the better player between the two of them?? The reigning Norris trophy winner, or the guy who's played 24 career games..

Also, why even bring up SEL if you're arguing that Forsberg is better than Wennberg? Neither of them play in it so it's a moot point.. It makes no sense to say one player is worse because he doesn't play in the highest league, and then one player is better when he isn't playing in said league.

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote