View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Percyma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I'm not even talking about the Spits beating the Colts, I'm talking about them beating the Rangers (and I don't know that the Colts would have beat them either, with the timing of the injuries to DiSalvo and Hutchings). Fowler didn't win it on his own, but if you think that he didn't make a valuable contribution and that the Spitfires would have won with an average player in his place, then we'll just agree to disagree.
Let's see ... The Kitchener Rangers pushed the Spitfires to seven games in the Western Conference Finals. Then the Spitfires brushed aside the Barrie Colts in four straight games, starting just TWO days after the end of the Western Conference final. Methinks the Rangers would have beaten the Colts rather easily as well too.

It’s time that you produce your proof that Cam Fowler was one of the players the Spitfires were called up on the carpet for. Pony up and show us once and for all. No opinions just facts please.

And even IF Fowler was not with the Spits that season, his playing time would have been covered by increased time for defencemen like Ryan Ellis, Mark Cundari and Marc Cantin – all hardly average junior hockey players. Hell, even a 5th d like Harry Young would have seen more ice in the event of Fowler’s not being in the lineup. Both Ellis and Cundari had better plus/minus stats then Fowler did that season too.

So – over to you – show us the proof that Fowler was one of the players the Spitfires violated league bylaws over.

Last edited by Percyma: 02-24-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Percyma is offline   Reply With Quote