Thread: Player Discussion: Brad Richards
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 08:34 PM
alves

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
One thing I am having trouble with is the assumption that Richards is out of shape. Still out of shape after all this game time?
Playing ~20 minutes a game, not giving your all on every shift, won't get you in game shape after 17 games...

You have to be ready physically going in to game #1. Instead, he's playing catch-up and it's not easy when you're on the wrong side of 30. I'm not saying he's an old man, because he isn't. But when you age, you need to step up your exercise and diet, and do more strength training. I remember people saying right before he signed here that he takes his training very seriously... it doesn't look that way. The guy should have been on the bike, doing squats, deadlifts, w/e the hell he needed to do, way before the season began.

He did not prepare himself physically for the season, which is evident. He looks especially out of shape.

I just checked his stats, how is he a +1? I would have thought minus for sure. Still doesn't mean he's been anything better than horrendous. Bone-headed turnovers are now a very, very common thing.

Last edited by alves: 02-24-2013 at 08:42 PM.