View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
This trade talk is starting to make me hate being a Rangers fan.

We have a good core. We have good prospects. What we need is discipline and motivation.

I'm not buying this. This isn't the Rangers identity from the last two seasons. I feel like this team doesn't even HAVE an identity. We were spoiled because last years team had a strong and tight night chemistry. It was unspoken that if you messed with one Ranger you messed with all of them. Our identity was a team that was willing to win in any way shape or form, whether that be through a dog fight or not.

The Broadway hat wasn't a status symbol like it is this year, it was a sign that you earned the team's respect. Losing Prust and Dubinsky hurt, YES, but its no excuse. Others needed to step up and continue the identity for the team to remain successful. Instead, our incumbent star players decided to relax and relinquish any leadership type qualities that would have made this team more tight nit. Where's Callahan's leadership? He's decided to become a human anvil throwing himself at bodies without purpose, he seems to have lost his focus. Where's Richards in general? Enough of this, Brad will get it talk from you Torts. He needs a kick in the ass and a wake up or you'll be riding the pine before you know it message. The list goes on.

The team is playing with no PASSION, no IDENTITY. That is our problem, not which players need to be traded and amnestied. I'm tired of watching these lackluster passionless performances by them. I'm also tired of coming on these boards and watching our fans remain so unfaithful.

The only thing that can fix this team is Tortorella burying his idiotic stubborness, taking a step back, and allowing this team to grow. Constant line changes and public threatening of benching players is unacceptable. The path to success starts from the top. Hope he recognizes this before its too late this season.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote