View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 09:48 PM
spfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I don't think it's fair to say Mantha is having a "better season". He's playing in a league with people in his own age group.. Wennberg is playing in a more dominant league, a Mens league, that has established players.

It just doesn't make sense to me to argue that Forsberg is better (Not denying he is) even if he's only a few months older... They aren't even the same position, nor even the same player..
Colten Teubert is a few months older than Erik Karlsson, now tell me, who is the better player between the two of them?? The reigning Norris trophy winner, or the guy who's played 24 career games..

Also, why even bring up SEL if you're arguing that Forsberg is better than Wennberg? Neither of them play in it so it's a moot point.. It makes no sense to say one player is worse because he doesn't play in the highest league, and then one player is better when he isn't playing in said league.
Mantha is the top goal scorer in the entire draft class. His size makes him pretty valuable too. I would say he's better than Wennberg, by a pretty good margin.

You're completely missing my point if you're using Karlsson and Teubert as an example.
Karlsson was always better than Teubert.

I'll try to explain it better...
Filip Forsberg, one of the youngest in the 2012 class, rated top 5(#3 by Bob McKenzie), he fell to 11th.

Alexander Wennberg, one of the oldest players and barely any younger than Forsberg, had they been in the same class, Forsberg would go a minimum of 5 spots higher i'd say. Also the fact that 2013 is a much better draft class than 2012. So you can probably give a gap of 10 spots between their talent levels.

Forsberg is a better player by a big margin and Wennberg being a few months younger doesn't account for enough to keep it close.

Last edited by spfan: 02-24-2013 at 09:56 PM.
spfan is offline   Reply With Quote