View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 08:52 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
I really don't want Brad Richards back. Someone mentioned a noticeable lack of heart/desire in Richards' game at times and I would have to agree. He's a good player, not a great one. He's more of a 75 point guy rather than the 90 point guy he was being labeled (and paid as) during his summer of free agency. 75 point centers don't grow on trees but he's also the variety that seems to rely on the PP for increased point totals than some others, which is all fine and dandy if it helps the team's PP, which hasn't been the case in any of the last 3-4 years; he soaks up PP assists by virtue of being one of the league leaders in PP TOI.

His style just isn't something I have a strong desire to put back on this team, especially not at the price tag he will command. He will be 33 to start next season and was a central figure in the leadership core that takes the blame for failing to make the playoffs basically since he was traded here. Even the season he was brought in the team took a noticeable downward trend to finish out that season.

As far as I'm concerned he was part of the problem as much as any of our other "leaders."