Thread: Player Discussion: Brad Richards
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 08:54 PM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
realistically gaborik is still a 40 goal scorer. 20 games isn't a big enough sample size to decide otherwise. he has always been a streaky guy. he's under his numbers this season, but who on this team isn't...? hell, clarkson is top 10 goals scored right now

realistically nash can hit 40 with this team--right now i see him as a mid-to-high 30s guy when healthy. you can't tell me nash isn't creating enough opportunities when he is on the ice to hit 40 here in 82.

realistically richards was one of the best puck movers in the game when he was on, and when he is off he doesn't come close. richards missing camp royally ****ed us imo. tort's management of camp also did not help.

nash and gaborik together and healthy on this team can net 80 in an 82 no problem imo, but for that to happen richards has to be the guy that we saw at the end of last season. he has to be a threat on the ice. that's our problem right now, and the biggest positive is that it's apparently all mental and he can be that guy again.

shortened season--> everything is off. lundqvist is putting up numbers worse than bryzgalov. richards is horrible right now. stepan is our best forward(okay hagelin, but still). people are putting too much weight on this start.
Honestly Nash COULD score 40 one day but career wise he's been around 30-35 and yknow what he';s been better this season in terms of D and carrying the play then some 40 g scorers so I'm fine if he's only a 30-35. But the Richards praise there was def off the mark. ASnd if Gabs shoulder is limiting him then theres no way he could do 40.Gabs looks nothing like the 40g guy we used to see so I think it's fair to say he's not quite there this year but it is a weird lockout shortened year and that is important