View Single Post
02-24-2013, 09:17 PM
vCash: 500
Just trying to keep this thread remotely on topic. The Oilers were a great team loaded with stars in the 80s, but to suggest they would have definitevely won anything without Kevin Lowe is a bit of a stretch. They may have, they may not. I'm not even talking about the Spits beating the Colts, I'm talking about them beating the Rangers (and I don't know that the Colts would have beat them either, with the timing of the injuries to DiSalvo and Hutchings). Fowler didn't win it on his own, but if you think that he didn't make a valuable contribution and that the Spitfires would have won with an average player in his place, then we'll just agree to disagree.
I'm not saying he didn't make a valuable contribution. I'm saying that if you take away one player on a title team, while you increase your chances of losing, you don't necessarily lose the series. Fowler did not win that series on his own. The team Windsor had that year, when they were on their game, was insanely good. Key word there being "team."

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote