View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 10:37 PM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I'm not saying he didn't make a valuable contribution. I'm saying that if you take away one player on a title team, while you increase your chances of losing, you don't necessarily lose the series. Fowler did not win that series on his own. The team Windsor had that year, when they were on their game, was insanely good. Key word there being "team."
Wasn't he one of the stars in one of the elimination games against the Rangers? Somebody else might have stepped to deliver the same calibre of performance, but it's just as likely they would have been eliminated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyma View Post
Then the Spitfires brushed aside the Barrie Colts in four straight games, starting just TWO days after the end of the Western Conference final. Methinks the Rangers would have beaten the Colts rather easily as well too.
Other than the rather easily part, I said the same thing. With the injuries the Colts had, it is probably the Rangers who got jobbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyma View Post
So – over to you – show us the proof that Fowler was one of the players the Spitfires violated league bylaws over.
Never said I had proof. I've heard things, but that's hardly proof. Maybe you can prove he wasn't? Here's one thing Spitfires fans should be pleased about - at least this happened to them in the OHL and not the NCAA. Had it happened there, the banners would have come down and we wouldn't be talking about whether or not the Spits were going to get to host the Memorial Cup, we would be talking about how they were disqualified from participating (let alone hosting) through 2014.

Now there is a whole thread dedicated to the Spits shennanigans. Maybe we can take any additional discussion on this front over there?

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote