View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Erick*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
You're telling me a team like Toronto is a playoff team and a possible cup contender? After they haven't been in the playoffs for 10 years? It's like the Panthers, we had a good season last year, but were no where even close to a cup contender.
They're currently the 7th seed.

You make the playoffs, and it's a crapshoot after that. Toronto can also make other moves to improve their team from now til the deadline.

Toronto also has a better team this year than we had last year, to be fair. They're currently only one of six Eastern Conference teams with a positive goal differential. I actually thought Toronto could've made the playoffs last year without terrible goaltending. They can score and they're physical. Are they favorites on paper? No. But they're a playoff team right now.

If I was a competitor, I'd rather play for Toronto this year than Florida. This might be Theodore's last year. Why would he want to spend it here doing nothing? If he really likes it here and wants to play hockey again, he can just comeback after the year.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote