View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Some Kings fans said he was not good defensively and that's totally and 100% wrong. He was on the PK (not sure what unit because of all the movement in the AHL for the past few seasons with us) but he was a great PKer in Manchester. Not sure he'll ever turn in to an NHL PKer but he's great positionally, and just SO smart. He knows where to be and he also knows where his linemates will be and where to give them the puck.

Ceiling to me is a 2nd line center. He can probably play 1st line duties with Kovie because the two seem like such a good fit (Lokti dishes, Kovie buries) but he's not ever going to be an elite-level player in this league, as very few are.

I compared them before and I will again - think Pavel Datsyuk. Smaller Russian leftie center, both pass first but can score, good hands, solid defensively, incredible vision and passing ability, not physical, and good with their sticks. A very underrated part of Lokti's game is lifting your stick and stealing the puck. Feel free to call him Sexyonov, although I'm the only one that really does.
We'll call him a nice gift for in return for beating us in the SCF!

I'm pretty high on this guy myself. He's one of the only things to be happy about this team right now. I hope he does well, and I really don't wanna see him leave for the KHL next year.

He's already got half of Zajac's total points in only 4 games!

For some reason I'm afraid Pete won't leave Zajac off the first line for a while because he's our highest paid, and best center. Loktionov clearly is better with Kovy. The weirdest thing about him is he's produced 3 points in 4 games, and all 3 points I think were on different lines.