View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Atomos2
Attitude problems

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
He stuck out no more than any other defensemen, people simply attacked him more than any defensemen. It didn't matter that Hamilton, Reilly, whoever cost the team with goals against, a turnover from Murphy is worse than a turnover resulting in a goal from someone else.

Every single person who says he's horrible defensively is someone who wouldn't be able to watch him on a regular basis. When pressing for how they've seen them, they point out the World Juniors. Well even if he was horrible there, there's a small sample size. Then they say they've seen him "other places".

Press further, and you either don't get a reply or they say they watch him in the OHL, which the only way is to pay $7 a game and I doubt all these people pay $7 just to watch Murphy.

It's hearsay, and I have no idea where it started. People didn't think this back in his rookie year when he was half the defensive player he is now. People didn't even think it last year. It all started after that one turnover that led to a goal in the first summer series game, though he went on to be Canada's best player and good defensively in the next games.

You're one of the biggest culprits. I bet you think Sproul is better defensively
http://www.rogerstv.com/page.aspx?rid=8&lid=1 - Click on the tab "next week" to see next week's schedule. There are no Kitchener games being broadcasted this week.

Attachment 61367

I don't mind you defending Murphy because his defense isn't as horrible as everyone says it is. But my issue comes with your continuous attacks stating people haven't seen him. Obviously I can't say if they have seen Murphy in Kitchener or not, but there are more ways to watch him than paying to watch him. As you can see in the attachment, you can't be a hundred percent sure they don't watch kitchener.

I wish Murphy the best of luck on Carolina. Glad to see he's doing well.

Last edited by Atomos2: 07-16-2014 at 11:17 AM.