View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
The problem is that Sherman said to RoR this is what we want you to be --basically, the captain without the captaincy... to do the things he did with Clinton in the WOHA and helping coach 16 and 17 year olds and just eliminated from the playoffs and is now doing/has done with Stratford the past 6 weeks practicing and helping coach 16 to 20 year olds.

You want me to do that? Show me some respect and give me what that type of player is worth. Sherman/Avs have a history of dis-respect when it comes to their players. That's why his father said "it's not about the money."
So does he want to be captain because of the pay raise? Or does he want to be captain because he feels he is one? If he wants to be captain for the sake of it, then he should prove it on the ice instead of holding out. I'm thinking ROR might be just jealous of Landskog being named Captain. Maybe he'll grow out of it, but if I'm Chia I don't overpay for that kind of attitude. Colorado messed up, should've given the "C" to a vet like Hejduk, Johnson or even Downie and avoid this clash of egos lol.

And Chara was a man with a proven track record and a $7 million contract when he demanded the "C". ROR was a teen just 2 years ago. Please don't compare those two.