View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Madhatter73

vCash: 500
The Panthers are not going to have a fire sale...

Tallon's plan for the team was always to be patient and wait for the kids to come up. My belief is that his intent is for the Panthers to be a VERY competitive team in 14-15. The majority of the questionable players will have no contract (or only 1 year left) at that point.

Blowing up the team would only make sense if Tallon's expectation was to use these players for a Cup run or if he can get a decent pick back (aka Weiss). There is NO WAY the Panthers will make a serious Cup run until the youth movement is in full effect. They just won't have the skill players available until then.

This is the part the sucks the most and that most poor GMs panic during. The Panthers have had 15 years of fire sales and attempts at quick fixes. It should be blatantly obvious that it doesn't work.

I do, however, see a move or two made to get the team to play harder. Whether that be trading Weiss or firing Dineen, we'll have to see.

Personally, I'd be interested to see what Lindy Ruff still thinks about Florida. He was part of our '96 run after all.

Madhatter73 is offline   Reply With Quote