View Single Post
02-24-2013, 11:23 PM
peter sullivan
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
You combined two separate comments: 1) that rivalries do not come from geographical locations or media and 2) what I like about the realignment in how it helps the team.

The one and only thing that makes real rivalries is between the players, which comes out of experiences and history...
i disagree can the rivalry be with players who change every couple of years?.....there can be short lived rivalries based on a playoff series or something like that but almost all true rivalries are based on geography, shared commonalities with the fans outside of he game itself .

i also think it is impossible to have a real rivalry with fans who are largely indifferent to the game.

look at all the great long lasting rivalries in not sure how you can argue that geography doesnt play a major factor....there are very few examples where unlike cities have real rivalries....and almost no examples where the rivalries are formed by the players.

red sox/yankees, green bay/chicago, habs/nords, flyers/ goes on and on.....geography is everything.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote