View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Fair enough, and I'll go with that. I always say Moose is a great backup. Probably the best in the league that's purely a backup, but maybe with the puck handling it pushes him out. He played not so great against the Caps, but it happens. I don't think he had much of a chance on any against the Isles except maybe that last one, and the game was far past decided. Moose is a good sporadic start guy, can be a starter temporarily.

I still think it's a motivation issue. Execution if you will. We've gotten blown out by some pretty bad teams like the Caps, and Isles. Sure the Isles have Tavares, and the Caps have Ovy, but the Pens have Malkin, and Crosby and are on a way better team. We got blown out by them early, but picked up two very convincing wins in a row against them.
Also look how the blow outs happened instead of just looking at the box score. We were playing pretty close in both of those games, made a few mistakes, and instead of battling back we sort of just gave up and let it spiral out of control. Definitely shows a motivation and execution issue. We make a big mistake and then just come out flat afterward. It is something we weren't doing earlier in the year, or hell something we didn't do against the Flyers last week.

Maybe you are right we need another Atlantic game to get fired up.