View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:36 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
Saturday 2:00 games suck for the game experience.....it has to really hurt TNSE's profit as well......nevermind the impact it has on business in the downtown.....an evening game is a handful of beers in the arena, dinner before, drinks somewhere after.....2:00 is go to the game, one beer and home for supper.

i hope it isnt a trend for next year.
I touched on that. But initially you were talking about how the 2:00 is a negative for the Jets in terms of exposure. How we were the low man on the totem pole. Yet I don't recall Ottawa being given national exposure on a saturday consistently.
I'm not saying it's ideal, but you just shifted your argument. If the Jets benefit from exposure (as you said) this is a positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
the detroit/colorada thing is my point...a short lived rivalry...like chicago/vancouver today...absed on a couple of playoffs, but as soon as one fades a bit, the rivalry will be gone.....there is no shared experience holding it together.
You're right on this point. It depends what you look for in a rivalry. I think a rivalry in the stands is boring. Me and the guy beside me might be exchange barbs etc, but if the players don't care (since most won't be part of the rivalry) its not exciting.
I'd rather have a rivalry between players where they're as invested in it as I am. It might only last a few years, but EVERYONE will be engaged. As far as I know there is no rivalry between these Jets and Edmonton. Evander Kane doesn't care if it's edmonton or LA. All of that is a fan creation that has no bearing on the play.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote