View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:40 AM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
The Edmonton and Calgary rivalries are the past; they are all but dead to me. .
of course they mean nothing now.....we dont play them...how could we have a rivalry with a team we dont play?......the jets have no rivals right now.....my point is that the conditions exist to create the strongest rivalries with the cities you have the most in common with...that is overwhelmingly the case for rivalries across all sports in north america.

if we are in a division where we play the same teams and competing for a playoff spot with them, they will care about us.....and because calgary and edmonton cares about hockey so much, and we have so much exposure with each other and so much shared history, it would be increased......the very fact that you are a jets fan living in alberta proves it....i know 20 people living in alberta...every winnipegger knows people living in alberta......who knows someone in dallas?...remember the jets game in the saddledome last year?...it was a home game for the jets....how can you say those are not the conditions to form a lasting rivalry?.....they would learn to hate us becasue we share so much else.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote