View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
Flash's condition was a non issue. His doc cleared him to play. The avs decided to not have any communication with his agent. I'm glad that florida gave him a huge contract and is doing well. I bet if the avs offered him less before the FA open season date, he would've signed.
There's a whole lot going on there, that I'm not really sure what to believe. He had a problem coming to play one game in Denver last year.

I don't know if the Avs knew if he would have a problem with the altitude, or could have a problem, but I just get the sense they didn't want to risk it. This team turns the page when they're ready to move on, and I actually think that's a good thing in the long run. It will serve them better, rather than the opposite. It's the same reason they turned the page on Liles, and moved on with their direction.

That cold nature helps them objectively view risky situations. Whether it hurts them in negotiations with players like O'Reilly, or Hendricks, or Lappy, or whoever is another question.