View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:11 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
As far as Stastny goes, I do think he could be better but in his last 11 games he has 9 points which is a 67 point pace. Jones is definitely holding that line back, but I also think Sacco has been using Duchene's line a bit differently since Landeskog returned, Stastny got 22:58 TOI and Duchene got 21:32 but last night Duchene got 15:28... Looks like Sacco is treating Stastny's line as our first line instantly since Landeskog's return.

Not sure I agree with this, that line should be gaining more ice time but not 'instantly' our first line since Landeskog returned. For one Landeskog is getting back his timing and second Stastny hasn't earned it.

I do think Duchene played better tonight but you can tell there is some jump missing. That could come from his confidence being slapped down from seeing instantly less ice time after Landeskog's return.

I was afraid Sacco would do what hes done, and that's rely on Duchene less too quickly.

On another note... Did we play with only three Centers tonight? Olver was the scratch for Pj's... I won't say I disagree with this seeing as the ice time Duchene, Stastny, Landeskog, Pareanteau, McGinn, Jones (Unfortunately), and Mitchell are getting needs to be significant.

I think as Duchene starts to fire again and Landeskog really gets going we should get a little better. I was surprised honestly that we even played as well as we did against one of the best teams in the league right now.

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote