View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:22 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
As far as Stastny goes, I do think he could be better but in his last 11 games he has 9 points which is a 67 point pace. Jones is definitely holding that line back, but I also think Sacco has been using Duchene's line a bit differently since Landeskog returned, Stastny got 22:58 TOI and Duchene got 21:32 but last night Duchene got 15:28... Looks like Sacco is treating Stastny's line as our first line instantly since Landeskog's return.

Not sure I agree with this, that line should be gaining more ice time but not 'instantly' our first line since Landeskog returned. For one Landeskog is getting back his timing and second Stastny hasn't earned it.

I do think Duchene played better tonight but you can tell there is some jump missing. That could come from his confidence being slapped down from seeing instantly less ice time after Landeskog's return.

I was afraid Sacco would do what hes done, and that's rely on Duchene less too quickly.

On another note... Did we play with only three Centers tonight? Olver was the scratch for Pj's... I won't say I disagree with this seeing as the ice time Duchene, Stastny, Landeskog, Pareanteau, McGinn, Jones (Unfortunately), and Mitchell are getting needs to be significant.

I think as Duchene starts to fire again and Landeskog really gets going we should get a little better. I was surprised honestly that we even played as well as we did against one of the best teams in the league right now.
I think it might have more to do with teams seeing the hot streak Duchene was on, and bearing down on him. He's had substantially less time and space before players jumped on him lately. Teams were backing off on him before, but now they're closing the gap real quick in the neutral zone.

It's kind of the same reason O'Reilly and Landy started to fade production wise at the end of last year. Duchene was clearly hurt and not producing, and the O'Reilly-Lando combo was the teams most talked about line.

They stopped producing, and then the McGinn - Staz - Jones line started to pick things up. It's a cycle. Unless you have the Forsberg - Sakic combo or Crosby - Makin where they're just so good they can both produce no matter what, you just have to hope things will balance things out and hope guys take advantage of less focus on them.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote