View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 01:44 AM
major major

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
People around here seem to think our goaltending is one of our top priorities that needs to be addressed. When its far from it. We need to inject an entire line of skilled players (#1C, #1RW/LW) into our lineup, which may take some time. Mason and Bobrovsky are more than capable of carrying this team for a year or two and once JD and JK decide on one I see a situation similar to the Halak/Price situation the habs had a few years ago. We need offense and we need it in spades. At the beginning of the season I was all for us taking Jones at 1 or two. Now if we had the #1 overall and Jones is the BPA, I would be all for us moving back a pick or two if we got another body out of it. Barkov Mackinnon or Drouin would all immensely help this team, especially if we can get shinkaruk as well (kane 2.0)
Long term, we definitely need better goaltending, if not from Mase and Bob then from someone else. I do think they are a good pair for our rebuild though. They are both young and could develop into much better goalies (although Halak/Price would be too much to ask for).

And you are right about the draft.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote