View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:50 AM
flameaholic
#neverquit

vCash: 500
Your team's BEST and WORST trades of ALL TIME

I thought it would be interesting to talk about each team's best and worst trades of all time. I'm a Flames fan so I'll do Calgary.

BEST

I debated about this, but ultimately my #1 choice is:

Acquiring Miikka Kiprusoff from the San Jose Sharks for a 2nd round pick. Kiprusoff has broken all goaltending records in franchise history and currently sits one win shy of 300 as a Flame.

Runner up: The Jarome Iginla for Joe Nieuwendyk trade. Even though Iginla will by far be regarded as the BEST player to ever don the 'Flaming C', it did cost us our franchise center who would end up being a future Conn Smythe Trophy winner and Hall Of Famer.

WORST

The Doug Gilmour to Toronto trade. The Flames ultimately got nothing to show for Gilmour, who would turn the floundering Leafs franchise around and end up being a future Hall Of Famer himself.

Runner up: My 2nd choice is Brett Hull to St. Louis. Even though the return would ultimately help net the Flames their only Championship in franchise history (1989), I don't think Flames management would have included Hull in the deal had they known he'd end up scoring over 700 goals in the NHL.

What are your franchise's best and worst trades of all time?

Shoot..

Last edited by flameaholic: 02-25-2013 at 01:00 AM.
flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote