View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
And most people want to buyout Heatley. There is no arguments to be made there. Heatley hasn't produced, he is getting criticized and people want him gone, partly because of the contract. I can't make any arguments about someone that people are criticizing.

Koivu is one of the problems. When has he taken over and dominated a game? Where is he during the games where we need someone to stand up and show the team an EXAMPLE. I've seen Parise do it this year. But Koivu?

Here's what we need from Koivu (1) To stay injury free. Since 2010, he hasn't been able to stay on the ice. (2) To step up and take over the game once in a while. We need him to be a vocal leader not in the locker room but on the ice.

It was just a suggestion.

No, that's part of the problem. The problem with this team is identity. Getting rid of Yeo isn't going to fix the team as much as people hope it will. Plus it just adds more time to the rebuilding.

Getting rid of Koivu and Yeo would give this team a fresh start like what happened to Boston and Joe Thornton.
I think even dropping Heatley is somewhat unrealistic, because his trade value is at an all-time low, the organization loves him and right now it looks like the buyout will have to be used on Harding. There are strong arguments for why Heatley should go, he's regressing at an alarming rate after all and is pretty much useless on any line you put him on. But I just don't see it happening in the near future.

However, there are no arguments for getting rid of Koivu. Of course I'd like to see more goals and more points, but that goes for every single player on this team, even Parise. Koivu and Parise have been the best forwards on this team this season and I have very few issues with his on-ice performance. He's not on his way out and is one of the untouchables of this organization, despite what you think and hope. But you're going to see what you want to see and you've obviously had your opinion for quite a while.

You'd be hard pressed to come up with a trade suggestion involving Koivu that would a) make sense for both parties and b) be realistic. If someone were to trade a center of that caliber, it would be someone who's a total cancer in the locker room. You really want that?