View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 02:07 AM
markisonfire

vCash: 500
My response to the Purcell-being-traded thread:

Quote:
Looks like I have to go back to bagging on Ivanans again. I liked Purcell as the scratch every night, it made me not feel too bad...

All joking aside, Purcell didn't have a spot on the team. Good size, but he didn't play physical at all. He showed no confidence with the puck and every whiffed shot only brought that confidence down even further. The bottom line is the guy got his chances - I'm pretty sure he played multiple games on every line and got PP time. This year was his make or break year and he just didn't make it. We were hoping he would be a 1st or 2nd line guy but it just didn't happen. That said, I hope he excels like Moulson, not fades like Boyle. Teddy has the size and skill set to put up points in this league, it just hasn't seemed to click on how to use it.

Smyth-Kopitar-Brown
Frolov-Handzus-Stoll
Parse-Richardson-Simmonds
Modin-Halpern-Clune

I don't see a spot for him in the top 6, especially when Williams comes back, and I don't want him in the bottom 6, nor do I see anyone I would rather take out in place of Purcell.

I'd also like to point out that I wouldn't replace any of those guys with Patrick O'Sullivan either. And I loved Sully before we traded him.
First, look at that lineup. OUCH. That lineup wouldn't win the Calder Cup. Second, I miss Frolov. Third, Purcell just wasn't that good for the Kings. I'm glad he found a home, but he wasn't playing well here. That's that.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote