View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 04:10 AM
BigGoalBrad*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
If I am Colorado I'd probably ask for Marchand. They make about the same money. Of course, Bruins fans will offer guys they dont like and any prospect in the system....get it done Chia, get it done

However, if I was an arbitrator its easy- Marchmont
Yikes, think you're wrong on this one ROR is awesome and I'd love him in Kelly's spot seriously but he's a poor mans Bergeron (not as good defensively or offensively but similar to Patrice.)

Marchmont is a perennial Richard and Hart Trophy candidate. I am not backing off that either I think Brad is that good.

Since that idiot Ovechkin has slowed down that award will be up for grabs next few years and Brad is going to be in contention for it every year. Should outscore Lucic and Seguin by 10 goals a year.

I know Marchand isn't as sexy as Perry or Vanek but he's gonna score right on pace with them and anyone else. He's right up there and his center hasn't heated up yet and I think Bergeron will kick it up a notch and get him more goals. If Marchand ever got to play with Krejci and Lucic I'd pencil him in for 40-50 a year.

Marchand is as good as anyone in the NHL right now. ROR is a Bergeron-lite.

(I know people will disagree with me but I am just calling it early on Brad Marchand the game has evolved to where there isn't much time or room for guys to operate and Marchand has a special skill set where he can make moves in a phone booth and there's none of the flash of a Kessel or Seguin he's very very efficient when the pucks on his stick.)

I know the current thinking on Marchand is 25 goals while playing a nice grinding 3rd line type of game but I think its wrong and he's a top 5-10 NHL winger no questions asked.

Last edited by BigGoalBrad*: 02-25-2013 at 04:20 AM.