View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 04:25 AM
Vajakki

vCash: 500
Is it wrong to blame referees here? I don't think it is. The fact that the Canucks sank to the referee's level in this game was not good, they played as bad as refs called the game, but the referees should never be there in the first place.

I mean yeah, you can say that the bounces weren't there, PK was crap, PP was crap, the defense in general was crap, and it's true. The Canucks could've played a lot better in many areas.

But, IMO, it looked like the team totally deflated and got frustrated after those 3 phantom calls that led to goals in the second period. That's not the ideal mental toughness you want from a team but when it's the last game of a very tough road trip and the team is fatigued both mentally and physically and fragile in general, calls like that can really make or break a game. This time these absolutely horrendous calls screwed the team over in the worst possible way.

It really sucks when a third party screws you over that blatantly. Anyway, I thought that Edler and Hamhuis had solid games. Tanev was good too. Ballard, Garrison and Alberts on the other hand had massive problems. After Sedins and Higgins, the whole forward group was garbage.

Vajakki is offline   Reply With Quote