View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 05:26 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersrock99 View Post
Thanks so much for the detailed info! I think we'll stay downtown and try to walk/cab it around. I"m getting in a night early so I'll definitely try to check out some places while I'm sober, as I'm guessing Thursday will be a drink fest prior to and after the game

I'm super excited - I've heard great things about the city!

I'm thinking of staying at the Courtyard by Marriot - 1901 West End Avenue. Is that a good area? It sounds like its by the University and its only about a mile from the Arena, so I'm thinking cabbing it won't be too bad.
It looks like I can get a room for around $180ish per night, which isn't out of my budget, and seems pretty decent for the area.

Suggestions? Comments?
Close to college bars, cheap cab ride to south broadway. You can't go wrong there really. Personally, I'd stay at the Hilton right across the street from the Arena or Holiday inn on Broadway. Both are downtown and you can walk everywhere and still make it back drunk as hell. ( I know, I've found my way back before, somehow). Too bad you aren't staying Saturday night as we are hosting the Wild and Suter's return to Nashville. I bet that would be fun for a neutral fan too.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote