View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Double-Shift LassÚ
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu Culann View Post
Link? Vancouver could use a veteran playmaker like Vinny. Lowball bid: a 3rd. Don't think there would be much more than that.
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...extension.html

Quote:
The deal is worth $2.5 million and includes a no-trade clause. It also includes a gentleman's agreement that when Prospal's playing days are over, he'll stay with the organization in some capacity.

"When we started talking, we asked him if he wanted to stay and be a leader, to stay here beyond playing and take a role with the organization," Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson told The Dispatch. "He really likes it here. His family likes it here. He's enjoyed his role mentoring the young players, and you've seen the energy and passion he brings to everything he does, every practice and every game."

Prospal's post-career role has not been defined. First off, nobody can say how much longer he'll play. As long as he's healthy and productive, Howson said, the two sides will work on one-year extensions.
Before anyone gets into the whole "yeah but that was with Howson" -- before thanking me for the asked-for link...

We know. There has been no public indication of whether or not current FO leadership will honor that agreement. I have to believe it's been discussed, though. I know if I were Vinny, I would have asked the question.