View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 06:03 AM
EucaLEAFtys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/02/28/weiss_leafs/

It is from sportsnet so I am not 100% how credible it is but take it for what it is. My only prob is he an upgrade on Bozak?

EDIT: How about sending Theodore TOR way. I like Scrivens and all but a vet would be ideal for this team.
At this stage, the Leafs have no rrason to upset the apple-cart (given how well they've played thus far). Even if they suddenly take a nose-dive and suck for the rest of the season (which could easily happen like it did last season), it would still be inadvisable to waste futures on yet another short-term fix.

Whether Weiss wants to play for the Leafs or not is pretty much irrelevant right now since the Leafs have no real need to acquire him, especially with him playing uninspired hockey this season. At this point, Weiss is not an upgrade over Bozak.

As for Theodore, his services are not required in Toronto as both Reimer and Scrivens have played better than him. At this point, acquiring Theodore just to be a "veteran presence" would be nothing more than an unnecessary waste of assets.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote