View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 06:54 AM
TheTechNoir

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Drouin elevating his play without Mack in the lineup is a major boost to his draft status.

If Drouin can play center I think he will definitively hop Mack in the rankings, and maybe even push jones for the #1 overall.
I've been saying that with MacKinnon out of the line-up it will help (now is helping) Drouin. For two reasons. One, he is the near sole-focal point of scouts now. Two, without MacKinnon there is more pressure on him. And there are also people wondering how much he benefits from MacKinnon. Drouin is a better player the more pressure that is on him, plain and simple. Honestly I would've been shocked if his play didn't start elevating his play the past week or two and that should only grow as the playoffs loom closer. (Not to mention it's seemed ever since his first day in the QMJHL that he improves every game pressure aside.)

Then he comes alive in the playoffs. I can't wait to watch him then, he's been the funnest moosehead to watch since his third month in the league or so imo.

Assuming the mooseheads make the Memorial Cup I am even more excited to see what he does there. Maybe he'll cave under pressure but every little piece of evidence suggests he'll play better.

In addition to the MacKinnon being gone thing too, in terms of players to play with... let's not forget just how good the mooseheads are as a whole, especially at this level of hockey.