View Single Post
02-25-2013, 07:09 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
In your opinion Jack, who will get that sixth spot? IMO I think Weber, Keith, Pietrangelo, Letang, and Drew Doughty are all going to have spots. That sixth one for me is a bit open.

Seabs and Danny G look like good picks and I don't really hate this list though I disagree a bit. I think its Seabs because of the Chicago connection and the fact that he's already been there and done that. The tough part is going to be balancing vets vs. younger roster players. Last time around Stevie Y and his crew did a heck of a job setting up there team mixing in young talent where needed and vets when it counted. The bottom six for Canada will be difficult to choose and the sixth spot is a question AFAIC
I agree that the first five spots are pretty much locked down. I think Seabrook gets a spot because he was on the team in 2010, he's improved since that time and he brings a more defensive approach that could be useful on the PK. I also agree with DyerMaker66 about Marc Staal. He brings size, good skating, elite defence and a left handed shot that is scarce on Canada. For the last spot (assuming 8 defencemen) I could see almost anyone.

Projection 1:
Keith Weber
Doughty Pietrangelo
Staal Letang

Projection 2:
Doughty Weber
Letang Pietrangelo
Keith Seabrook

PP1: Doughty - Weber
PP2: Letang - Pietrangelo

PK1: Keith - Seabrook
PK2: Staal - Weber