View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 07:37 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
what can you say about Calle Ridderwall? Putting up some nice numbers, if im correct his team is one the worst in the league aswell.
Yeah, that Düsseldorf team is basically a lower-tier hockey team forced to play in the DEL this season. They came incredibly close to bankruptcy and had an incredibly limited budget to work with, and filled out their roster with youngsters, from lower German leagues and juniors. Ridderwall has certainly made the most out of that situation, got plenty of minutes and is their best scorer. He does not have a contract, yet, and with Düsseldorf still struggling to get together the minimum amount needed to secure another year of play in the DEL, they'll probably not be able to afford keeping him as his numbers haven't gone unnoticed.

Unfortunately, I can't really comment on his play too much, myself, as I just saw Düsseldorf a two games, IIRC. I expect him to end up on one of the financially bigger teams next season, but I think it's too early to tell whether he can be that kind of contributor on a team with even close to average depth. Rumors already have connected him to Cologne (my team, and home to three other Swedes in Holmqvist, Tjärnqvist and Falk) and Hamburg, from all I remember.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote