View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 08:01 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I think the technology isn't there yet for single player focus as it would require substantial investment in retrofitting more HD cameras into every broadcast. However, that's not to say that adding layers to the game wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Question is, how do you appease the purists while at the same time providing more in-depth interactivity and/or relevant stats (Other than obscure stats dug up from god knows where)?

I'm definitely not proposing filling the screen with a bunch of nonsense to distract from the game. But during stoppages in play and/or faceoffs it would be great (For myself anyway) to see who the opposing players on the ice are besides the well-known stars.

We can all agree that even with full HD it is difficult to read the names on the back of the jerseys during play, right?
Easy...you make it optional. If you want the added stats to fill up the screen, you click a button or two and they appear. That way you can bring them up or down as you like. Of course, the NHL can make this option available to the user at a cost, which means more $$ for the NHL!! You don't think they are already looking into stuff like this?

Camera technology has been making great strides over the past few years....I don't think it would be difficult (or expensive) as some might think to position a few extra cameras around an arena to give us different looks or follow certain players. I'm not saying it's gonna happen within the next couple of years, but 10 years down the road? Absolutely.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote