View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 09:07 AM
RattleYourSabre

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhi19 View Post
Business wise Tampa and Florida can't be in another division/conference than Mtl, Que, Ottawa and Toronto. Too many snowbirds are padding both team revenue. If they lose that both team will likely bleed to death faster than revenue sharing could keep them afloat.
I absolutely don't doubt your knowledge here, but do you have the figures handy for that? I'd like to see how much of a difference that makes for them. I'd guess that you're likely on the money as its not a point I considered. I'd just like to see the data. Hope you don't take that as me doubting you, it's not intended to!

Also, assuming you're right, you could do something like this... Although this looks MUCH sloppier:

I: Boston, Buffalo, Islanders, Rangers, New Jersey, Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington
II: Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Carolina, Tampa, Florida, Nashville
III: Winnipeg, Chicago, Minnesota, Dallas, St. Louis, Colorado, Detroit, Columbus
IV: Anaheim, San Jose, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

As a Sabre fan, I can tell you there would be some upset Toronto fans/Buffalo fans who like to go over the border to watch their teams play. But it's an option.