View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 08:41 AM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
In order for these games to have any level of interest from anyone other than those in attendance, you have to give these guys something to play for.

10-9 games where there is NO Defence and NO Hitting does not protray an accurate description of the game we all know and love.

These guys are all stars and there will be scoring. But man, they need some motivation to get them to play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

dangle a carrot. No better carrot than home ice in the finals.

And for the record, no team has won or lost the WS in Baseball because they didn't have home field. It's been rendered a non-issue really which is why no one had cried about it.
I believe the first year was 2002. AL won, Angels had home field over SF. Angels won in 7, home team won all games and I believe the Angels won games 6 and 7 in their last at-bat. I'd rather just see them scrap the game altogether. I watched when I was a kid. Watched when it was NA vs the World because it was different, but can't remember the last time I watched since then. Last thing I would want to see is one of the Rangers get hurt in an all-star game because they were playing balls to the wall and took a puck off the face or ankle or got boarded or sustained a concussion.