View Single Post
02-25-2013, 08:42 AM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Rumors Troy Brouwer could be moved if the Caps continue to flounder.

His cap hit is a bit rich $3.667 mill/yr after this year - for next 3 yrs. That might be a bit rich, but would add some size and toughness to 2nd or 3rd lines. Seems to be a 20 g/40 pt guy and knows Ladd and Buff from his Chicago days.

Plays LW, but is a RH shot, so perhaps he would be a decent replacement for Wellwood or Antro? Wouldn't go after him and ROR, but if the ROR talks have cooled, he is a cheaper option than a Nathan Horton. Might be able to get him for picks, if Caps are looking to shed salary.

Edit: Chevy would know him well from the Hawks days too, and he seems to be a Chevy-type player.

He's an upgrade on Wellwood and Antro, but I don't like him as a 2nd line RW. I would still hope the Jets can find a good 2nd line RW somehow this offseason.

So if the Jets can fit his $ onto the roster as a 3rd line player, that would be pretty good. Gives the team some more grit and scoring on our 3rd line, and we start getting closer to a top 9 setup (especially when Scheifele joins next year).

My only question would be that his contract wouldn't impact the Jets from doing the more important things (Bogo, Wheeler, Little, Burmi, Hainsey, Redmond, Postma, 2nd line RW). He's definitely overpaid, but as long as it doesn't affect the teams ability to do the things they need to do, it might be a good move. Especially if all it takes is a pick or two.