Thread: Switzerland: National team discussion
View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 09:21 AM
duga

vCash: 500
finally finding some time again.

On attack:

C: Romy as the only lock. and probably centering an offensive minded line. so that leaves one offensive C-position open:

So Simpson must decide if he wants to go with an 37-years old with great merits and experience, but who's clearly on the decline, for a final run. I'd be glad if one of the younger guys developes so significantly over the next 10 months, that he hasn't to Ted (Mosby) up this situation. So who could be this alternates?

Bykov (questionmark: too small, how does he handle internat. intensity, is he as good as Plüss in going to dirty areas as an undersized player without getting destroied?)

Cunti (qm: his total lack of game intensity is a problem, his defensive game still bares (too) many holes, and could he protect himself sufficently when going against bigger, faster and stronger competition?)

Richard (to be in the race must turn pro next year (which he certanly will) got the size, intensity and strengh to succeed on internat. play. his hands, vision and off.smarts are on a pretty good level, but will they already translate to a satisfying niveau at the OG? he is already now a better two-way player than Cunti or Bykov)

Ambühl (please, noooo!)

I'm pretty indecisive yet.

for the 2 remaining defensive minded spots I can't see a lock. Candidates?

Ambühl (better suited than on a off. line...even better suited on the wing or as a 13th forward)

Savary (got the speed, intensity and def. workethic to play this role, physicaly there are stronger contenders though.)

Trachsler (the all-solid guy, bigger and stronger than savary, but his influence on the attacking game would be marginal, hasn't got any skill that shines on this level)

Walker (a risky choice for sure, big, strong, good skating, heavy shot (accuracy not so), fast hands (but not very soft), will give an effort all over the ice, can lay out hits if needed. His big questionmark will be, is his positioning and decisionmaking good enough for this level?- I hope Simpson gives him a try at this years WCC to clarify this)

Walser (while this season was a bit a disappointment for him, (to be honest: as fine a place as Kloten has been in the past to develop talents, this year it definitely wasn't) when he gets out strong next year under AdC guidance, I can see a little chance this will happen)

Right now, I'd go with Trachsler and Walker (I'd like the middle to be physicaly stronger than in the past)

I'll do the rest later.

Last edited by duga: 02-25-2013 at 09:35 AM.
duga is offline   Reply With Quote