Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft Prospects I
View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 09:44 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Considering our NHL depth at center is going to be Koivu and Brodziak, then maybe Larsson...yes we could use more centers.
I agree. Could be a knee-jerk reaction, but i dont see MiG being the long-term answer to needing a 2nd line center. He could still become that, and i would love it if he did, but i think his future will involve a lot of wing time, similar to Joe Pavelski out in San Jose.

I'd love for the Wild to go after a center with the 1st rounder this season. Our prospect pool has LW and Goalie covered for now. Defense could use a bit more bolstering, so i'd like to see one or two defenders taken in the first 4-5 rounds, but its not a huge deal. RW and Center are the big voids in our pool right now.

Preferably, the Wild would get a 1st round C and then spend the 2nd on a RW in an ideal world. We have 3 3rd rounders this season, right? Get two defenders with those and then evenly distribute the rest of the picks between positions.

/armchairgm

Although, if we miss the playoffs, i have a good feeling about winning the lottery. Then trade down to the #3 spot and grab Drouin, while picking up an additional 2nd? Boom! I feel like I'm John Madden. The football one.