Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flames pickup G Joey MacDonald on waivers
View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 09:50 AM
pdd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
Anderson would have won us all the games lol, McDonald is a servicable backup capable of making BIG saves, while still finding a way to allow weak goals. The last part is why he has never been a starter in his career.
He was an *emergency* starter in NYI and did pretty well. And was in Toronto the next year, playing for the Marlies, because Toskala...? He did get six games in with the Leafs. That would be the first time he was behind Gustavsson on the depth chart, and also the first time he was teammates with Ian White, Lee Stempniak, and Matt Stajan.

He has been a much better goalie during his career than his places of playing have suggested; he should have been in the NHL with Toronto - he's never played as poorly as Toskala did in ANY environment during his entire career; and he should have had the backup job in Detroit in 2011-12 - Conklin was a stupid signing I said wasn't going to happen because he was washed up, and was stunned when it did. I did predict Colaiacovo, and the Weiss interest; when the rumors of Detroit scouts at Buf/Fla were first out, I called that Detroit was interested in Weiss and is either showcasing Tatar or has him on hand because someone else is leaving.

I'm kind of surprised Feaster didn't grab Mursak. He would have worked well for Hartley.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote