View Single Post
02-25-2013, 10:58 AM
vCash: 500
I'm not sure how some posters look at a player and merely go, "look at what he's doing!"

It's the same crowd that would say, "Jordan Staal is nothing more than a 3rd line center," opponents to the opinion would then use reasoning as to why Staal could up his production if in a top 6 role, then Staal gets put in the top 6, and has a great statistical year.

It's not hard to see that despite Kulemin's struggles in Toronto how he could have a fairly good shot at turning his game around here and becoming a nice addition to our forward corps. I think the same could be said for Setoguchi, Stewart, and a slew of other players who may be on the move.

When you're a complimentary forward (i.e. a forward who needs a good player to produce - others may call it a leach), that player will never produce if they are not paired with the right linemates. Kulemin really has never had anything like we have here in Toronto. Setoguchi did have a comparable player in San Jose, and that's when he put up a huge year.