View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I'm not sure how some posters look at a player and merely go, "look at what he's doing!"

It's the same crowd that would say, "Jordan Staal is nothing more than a 3rd line center," opponents to the opinion would then use reasoning as to why Staal could up his production if in a top 6 role, then Staal gets put in the top 6, and has a great statistical year.

It's not hard to see that despite Kulemin's struggles in Toronto how he could have a fairly good shot at turning his game around here and becoming a nice addition to our forward corps. I think the same could be said for Setoguchi, Stewart, and a slew of other players who may be on the move.

When you're a complimentary forward (i.e. a forward who needs a good player to produce - others may call it a leach), that player will never produce if they are not paired with the right linemates. Kulemin really has never had anything like we have here in Toronto. Setoguchi did have a comparable player in San Jose, and that's when he put up a huge year.
Ideally, I'd like to see Shero get Kulemin to play on Malkin's left, Seto to play on Sid's right, and Dupuis replacing BearManPig on the 3rd line next to Sutter. I really liked Sutter-Cooke-Dupuis yesterday night.