View Single Post
02-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Portage and Main
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
This FTW!!!!

I'm sorry but unfortunately this is just irrational talk from fans who are seeing a struggling team again after making the playoffs last yr. Yes there may be trades but it won't be a firesale like the OP suggests. The only guys I could see Tallon really moving would be Weiss, Kovalev and maybe Smithson (the only UFAs-to-be). Tallon values loyalty & character a lot more than some people realize and that can be a positive & negative trait in a GM. He's gonna stick with most of the guys he's signed long term, especially since they were only signed in the last 1.5 yrs.
I would think that the firesale would be of the veterans, not the prospects.

But if the plan is to compete in 2014-15, then some of the 2013 Entry Draft picks could be competitive parts of that equation. That means trading guys from the current roster that could net high picks this upcoming draft would be a good idea.

Tallon will have his own blueprint in mind for how he wants his team built. Some guys will make the grade, others will not.

I would expect the roster players that are former Blackhawks are the true untouchables, along with Tallon picks and maybe some of the top prospects, but definitely not all of them.

That being said, Tallon is a smart guy, so he's not exactly going to undersell any asset he has. He's also not one to wheel and deal a lot.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote