View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 10:30 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeysar View Post
I think London has to be favoured - I think they can roster a much better team than Windsor and Barrie for next year that is one of the major conditions for hosting. If Windsor do not make playoffs this year they will be hard pressed to convince the selection committee that they will good enough for next year.
No argument London has a better team coming back next year then Barrie or Windsor
but 1 thing the committee will look at is the record of Windsor post trade deadline
where right now it stands at 10-10-0-1 despite 77 man games missed to injury,as well as 20 man games missed due to suspension,amongst the injuries 2 of their best D-men have missed 30 games combined,both of whom are to able to return next yr,in fact
9 D with OHL experience are able to return next year excluding next year ,including their
starting 6,as well 2 goalies are able to return,plus 6 out of 8 top forwards returning,including potential 50 goal man Kerby Rychel,the 6th highest scoring rookie Josh HoSang,O/A to be Remy Giftopoulous
Spits while not having having a 1st rd pick in this year"s entry,do have 2 1st rd picks in the Euro draft,1 which will be in the top 8,the other in the top 24 or so,will definitely have to make them count
No doubt the Spits have to upgrade the talent,more so upfront,but there is somethig to work with
1-2 overagers can and will be acquired,2 high Euro Picks utilized,orgaizational signings
trades,entry draft,free agents
It should be noted this years Saskatoon has made 9 trades this year to help get where they are at,Windsor does not have the ability re assets wise to do that much but there avenues availbable
London excluding O/As have only 4 Dmen returning with OHL although it is expected they will use 1 maybe 2 if Seth Griffith does not return in that area,as 4 returning wont cut it by itself
They are or appear to be set in goal,with both Pattarson and Stolarz returning,as I doubt Philly sends Stoarz to the AHL next yr
London also has 12 forwards plus o/sa returning
As for Barrie,they lose their goalie from this year in Niederberger,Scheiffele,Camara,Byers,possibly Theoret,their defence is good,not enough upfront and goal to be truly considered,plus i dont think they have the infrastructure to compete

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote