View Single Post
02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
The Avs have little need for a RHD who can play top pairing minutes, since they have EJ. Siemens could potentially fill the top pairing LHD need, so giving him up is an issue unless a more proven LHD is coming back. And I'm not really interested in Buff's cap hit for the 2nd pairing.

Regardless of RORs salary demands, he's a valuable asset. His negotiating tactics leave something to be desired, but he's a very solid 2C with 1C potential. Future Selke finalist/winner without a doubt.

And that 1st round pick is looking like it will be top 5. In this draft, that pick is golden.
Good Post. From a hockey perspective adding another #1 RD with EJ doesn't look like a good move.

I think the OP's offer is good from a value perspective because I think the difference between Buff and Siemens is greater than the difference between ROR and Little to warrant a 1st coming from the Avs.

But I can understand the deal not making sense to the Avs because of positional need, and the desire to hold on to the draft pick.

Last edited by Huffer: 02-25-2013 at 10:48 AM.