Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 11:47 AM
cgf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
It's always the same mistakes, started late last season and into the playoffs. Poor choices with the puck, poor passes in front of the net, and can't hit the net to save his life. He's a good skater, can be good positionally, but even that can lack. I don't agree at all that he'll be a number one and think he is what he is. I have liked he and Guds together.
He's still just 22 though, a lot of really good dmen don't even start making it into the NHL until around that age and decision making is something that takes many reps against NHLers if you don't have those innate great instincts that kids who beast form the get go like OEL have. I'm not sure I see a #1 either, but I do see a kid who can grow into a good top pairing guy as long as he gets put with a good partner that fits.

That said I do appreciate just how frustrating it is too see a talented Dman incapable of getting his shot through, the Avs have that problem when we make EJ man the point on our PP, he's got a heavy shot, that he gets off quickly, but it never gets through, and it's the one thing that there's been no progress on since he arrived in Colorado.