View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 10:59 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
According to Pierre Menes, who's close to Arsenal, Wenger has to give up 40M€ per year to the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Yeah, I thought that sounded familiar, as well.

At the end of the day:
Report "Arsenal to have £70M to sign stars" generates a few million clicks/views/sales, and has fans discussing possible additions of Hummels, Götze, and what not. Report "Nothing out of the ordinary expected at Arsenal" generates twelve cynical comments from Arsenal fans. It's the nature of the beast.

In football, there just seem to be a few thousand Eklunds for every McKenzie.
Why isn't anyone reporting what Pierre Menes is saying? It's been a on going issue for god knows how long and to me, it would be a real solid story for newspapers/writters to print, no?

Would they be "outkasted" by the Arsenal football club and if so, does that really mean anything knowing they're blowing smoke up everyone's ass for the past 8 years?

I don't want them to divulge their entire "secrets" but why do they tell their fans year after year that they have some cash to buy legit talent when year after year, we're left scratching our heads wondering why we bought players like Mertesacker, Gervinho, Chamakh, etc... while we're losing players like VanPersie, Fabregas, Song, Clichy, etc.