View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 12:08 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Well it is obviously not for his skill and i think every fan, player, coaches and him self no that...its for his toughness, if you need a guy to go out there get in a fight and get the boys going you can tap Bowen on the shoulder especially now with the 10 fight rule they cant just send Bilcke out there every time. I Think Bowen knows his role and has accepted it me personally i would like to see him get moved to a team where he will see the ice regularly, hes been a great teammate so far playing the role he has but i just think that they wont trade him because of the toughness he does bring.
There are other ways to go about this though. You don't need to find guys to fill the quota of fights. We have already seen this year the whole toughness thing didn't go far at all they still got their butts kicked on the scoreboard. Instead they need to find players that play a good two way game, can mix it up and score goals. Guys like Kyle Hope, Kurtis Gabriel both fit that role (both OA possibilities next year), Cody Payne who's turning into a solid PF and can play the game. The list goes on and that's what Windsor needs to look for especially if they want to contend. Spits got very little from the group of Bilcke, Bowen and Clark this year that has to change moving forward.